Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Nigella Lawson's book, Feast. Seriously drinkable, slightly adjusted.
- 500 ml whole milk
- 100 g dark chocolate, 70%
- 1 -2 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- Pour the milk into a saucepan.
- Break the quality dark chocolate (70%) into this, and cook slowly over low heat.
- Add the honey, cinnamon sticks and sugar. Heat this, stirring, until the chocolate is melted.
- Once the chocolate milk is warm enough to call it 'hot chocolate', remove the cinnamon and add the rum.
- Serve right away.
Very yum! I did double the honey, sugar and vanilla.
So yummy! Even my boyfriend who doesn't like hot drinks thought this was very good! The rum is what really makes it stand out, and I also liked the idea of using some honey, instead of only sugar.
Rich, Hot, Rummy loved it. Very easy to make lovely after dinner instead of desert. Thanks for sharing