1/2 Photos of New York Style Pizza & Calzone Crust
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
me & alex's Note:
This is a combination of 2 different recipes I found. This makes a little denser crust. It is also perfect for garlic rolls.... This is easiest to make in a mixer you mix it fairly wet. I wouldn't know how to do it in a bread machine, but I bet you could. Also, I occasionally add Parmesan Cheese, granulated garlic or Italian herbs in with the second half of the flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in large bowl of mixer, dissolve the sugar in the water. (i prefer sugar in the raw, but white work just fine).
- 2Add oil and 2C of flour.
- 3Mix on medium, 2 minutes.
- 4Add salt and yeast, combine.
- 5add remaining flour.
- 6Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead 5 minutes.
- 7Divide into 2 equal balls, place in oiled bowls and cover with plastic wrap.
- 8Allow to rise for 1 1/2 hours in warm location (I have done as little as 45 minutes -no problems).
- 9Place dough on a lightly floured surface and sprinkle flour over the top.
- 10Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a circle (12 inches).
- 11Add sauce and ingredients, bake in a 500 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York Style Pizza & Calzone Crust
Serving Size: 1 (961 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1110.2
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2192.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 220.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 29.8 g