Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This mayo was posted with a hearts of palm recpe which I have posted separately. Easy and quick! Adapted from Costa Rica Guide.
- 1 egg
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml white sugar
- 44.37 ml fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- Put the egg, pepper, salt, mustard, white sugar and half of the oil in the blender.
- Start on high and run until smoothly mixed.
- With the blender running, slowly add the lemon juice and remainder of the oil.
- Keep an eye out to be sure that as the mayonnaise thickens it stays down in contact with the blender blades. Enjoy!
The first time I made this mayo I goofed and had an oily egg mixture so I tried again and it is very nice and so easy to make. Thickened up right away after adding the lemon juice and oil. I didnt add all of the cayenne, we are wimps, and used bottled lemon juice. Love the flavor, a little bit of hot but a sweet mayo flavor too. Cant wait to try this on vege's or chicken! Thanks hon, made and reviewed for ZWT 4.