Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is easy to make, cheap & best of all it works!
Make and share this Natural Floor Cleaner recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup borax
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 -3 drops liquid soap (natural)
- 1 gallon water
- 3 -5 drops essential oils (any kind you like for a nicer scent)
- Pour Borax, Vinegar & soap into a bucket. Add water & essential oil (optional). Clean your floor.
- Washing Soda can be used instead of borax (might streak on certain types of flooring).
- Essential oil is optional for a nicer scent, but is not necessary as you won't smell it once the floor dries.
- Once the floor dries, you will NOT smell the vinegar.
- Home soap, Dr. Bronner's or any other natural liquid soap can be used.
This worked pretty well. I did not have the oil drops, but will try next time. I used Dawn antibacterial soap. Thanks for an inexpensive cleaner.
This works great - I've been using it for about a year now and will never go back to other cleaners or different recipes. Instead of using essential oils I buy Dr. Bronners soap, usually mint and it takes care of the essential oil quotient for me. My 4 year old daughter can even help me clean without fear of red eyes from the chemicals.
Made this as directed. Didn't measure organic castille soap, just added a 'splash' same with some orange eo. Worked fantastically!!