24 hrs 20 mins
These steak tips are full of flavor. They are just as good grilled outdoors or indoors over a cast iron grill pan. They are marinated between 4 - 24 hours. I normally marinate these overnight but they can be marinated as long as 48 hours. The marinade is later transformed into a sauce. Because my 12 yr. old daughter loves steak, she is now the one who prepares these tips, marinade and all. It's one of her favorites! The cooking time includes the overnight marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut outer fat from steak and cut into desired sized tips.
- 2In a bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients.
- 3Place tips in a very large ziplock plastic bag. Pour marinade over tips and distribute evenly, moving around the tips so they are completely covered with marinade. Close bag tightly removing as much air from bag as possible. Place bag in a bowl (this prevents any leaking marinade to get all over your refrigerator).
- 4Place bowl in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
- 5Remove tips from marinade; reserve remaining marinade.
- 6Grill tips on a coal or gas grill to desired doness. If cooking indoors, refer to Note # 1 below.
- 7While your tips are cooking; add remaining marinade into a small saucepan and cook until it comes to a full boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 8Serve tips hot and serve with sauce. These are great served with a baked potato or rice. .
- 9NOTE 1: On winter days, I've cooked this indoors on a cast iron pan with grill grades. Once they are browned evenly, cover with a lid (this helps cook through and not burn). I find that the marinade burns easily using the cast iron method. Therefore, add a few drops of water to the pan which keeps the marinade saucy, being careful not to add too much water so that you wont' be steaming instead of grilling.
- 10NOTE 2: If using tabasco (I've never used it here), please do not use 1 tablespoon as this will be too hot and will transform flavor due to sharp bite of tabasco. I normally use a Portuguese "pimenta moida" (found in Portuguese markets or in well stocked supermarkets) and recipe can be found on this site "Pimenta Moida (Portuguese Red Pepper Sauce)". Pimenta moida can also be purchased inexpensively online within this website: www.amaralsmarket.com/products-page/marinades-imported-from-portugal/gonslaves-hot-chopped-peppers-16-oz/.
- 11Substituting Frank's hot sauce or equivalent will do.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Natalia's Marinated Steak Tips
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.9
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 204.1 mg
- Sodium 700.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 56.3 g