I had a pound of ground turkey I needed to use so I came up with my own idea of making turkey meatballs and gravy. I was amazed at myself. They were out of this world if I may say so myself. :smile:
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon beau monde spice (Spice Island Seasoning)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice (Spice Island Seasoning)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon mccormick grill mate teriyaki sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 10 -13 saltine crackers, crumbled up
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (for richness)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon catsup
- 1 dash garlic powder
- In large frying pan, add oil and butter over medium heat.
- In a large bowl add turkey, minced garlic, onion, and green pepper; mix well.
- Add egg and stir well.
- Add in the dry ingredients (basil, thyme, seasoning salt, beau monde and salt and pepper).
- Add Worcestershire sauce, McCormick Grill Mates Teriyaki; mix well.
- Add the whipping cream and crackers.
- Shape into meatballs and place in hot oil.
- Brown on one side until lightly brown then turn meatballs over and cover with lid; cook for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Lift cover and stir meatballs and cover again for 15 minutes.
- Make sure you check the meatballs every few minutes so you don't burn them.
- Drain meatballs and place back into pan.
- In a sauce pan while browning the meatballs, combine mushroom soup, water, whipping cream, Worcestershire sauce, catsup, sour cream and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil over medium to heat for 2 minutes.
- Add to frying pan after meatballs have been drained. Stir to cover meatballs and place lid on pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer a extra 5 minutes.
- Note: Serve with cooked noodles or rice.