1/2 Photos of My Very Own Turkey Meatballs and Gravy
Marsha D.'s Note:
I had a pound of ground turkey I needed to use so I came up with my own idea of making turkey meatballs and gravy. I was amazed at myself. They were out of this world if I may say so myself. :smile:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon beau monde spice (Spice Island Seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice (Spice Island Seasoning)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon mccormick grill mate teriyaki sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 10 -13 saltine crackers, crumbled up
- 1In large frying pan, add oil and butter over medium heat.
- 2In a large bowl add turkey, minced garlic, onion, and green pepper; mix well.
- 3Add egg and stir well.
- 4Add in the dry ingredients (basil, thyme, seasoning salt, beau monde and salt and pepper).
- 5Add Worcestershire sauce, McCormick Grill Mates Teriyaki; mix well.
- 6Add the whipping cream and crackers.
- 7Shape into meatballs and place in hot oil.
- 8Brown on one side until lightly brown then turn meatballs over and cover with lid; cook for 15 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to medium.
- 10Lift cover and stir meatballs and cover again for 15 minutes.
- 11Make sure you check the meatballs every few minutes so you don't burn them.
- 12Drain meatballs and place back into pan.
- 13In a sauce pan while browning the meatballs, combine mushroom soup, water, whipping cream, Worcestershire sauce, catsup, sour cream and garlic powder.
- 14Bring to a boil over medium to heat for 2 minutes.
- 15Add to frying pan after meatballs have been drained. Stir to cover meatballs and place lid on pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 16Uncover and simmer a extra 5 minutes.
- 17Note: Serve with cooked noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Very Own Turkey Meatballs and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 692.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beau monde spice
jamaican jerk spice