Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Sunset 12/12 issue. I have not tried this yet but it sounds very appealing. It is described as tangy and aromatic.
- 1 quart pomegranate juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottlefruity red wine, such as Zinfandel
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 1/2 in long apiece
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Stir together all ingredients in a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker; cover.
- Cook until very hot, about 1 hour on High or 2 hours on Low; once hot keep warm on low heat up to 4 hours.
- A serving is 1 cup.
How easy and festive is this? I love the fact that it could bubble away all day in my slow cooker and not take up room on the stove while I cooked and prepped for the big meal. Thanks for posting this keeper!