Recipe by WannabeChef@MV
Say no to greasy chicken gravy dishes. This traditional Mughlai recipe from my mum is quick, simple and great for beginners and experts alike.
Top Review by nirmal.balaraman
This has to be the worst recipe I have ever used. I followed everything perfectly, had a bite to eat, and had to throw it out. Fortunately, I had some leftover mushroom curry in the fridge.
- 1 kg chicken piece (thigh, breast, leg or any you prefer)
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 sprig fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken pieces in water along with 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ginger paste, salt and pepper.
- Once chicken is boiled, take the pieces out of the stock. Set stock aside.
- In a wok or deep cooking pan with lid, pour cooking oil and saute onions and garlic together.
- Once the onions and garlic turn golden brown, add cumin seeds, chicken pieces, garam masala, and red chilli powder.
- Stir fry this mixture for 4 minutes.
- Now add half a cup of stock.
- Also add yogurt to this mixture.
- Cover and let this cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Check after 20 minutes to see if the oil is visible on the sides. That means you're done.
- You can let your chicken a little more to thicken the gravy or serve right away with rice or bread.
- Garnish with chopped corriander leaves.