Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Mrs. Field's Best Ever Cookie Book.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup solid-packed unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (Always use pure vanilla extract. The imitation is awful.)
- 10 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves or 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, pumpkin and vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the white chocolate and pecans.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until just set. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Note: A friend said she cooked them at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes to shorten baking time, but I haven't tested that temp/time combo yet.
Thanks for the recipe. It was very easy and delicious, and 12 -15 min was good enough to have soft cookies :)