Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Juicy oranges, crunchy almonds, smooth and luscious dates...and with a cinnamon/orange "dressing" over all, this fruit salad is beyond delicious.
- 6 oranges, peeled
- 4 pitted chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup orange juice
- Slice oranges into bite-size chunks; place into bowl with chopped dates.
- Add lemon juice, cinnamon, and sugar (if using) and toss to coat fruit.
- Stir in almonds and pour orange juice over all.
- Cover and refrigerate, and serve chilled.
Great recipe. Very different. I doubled the amount of dates because I love them and, reduced the OJ as per a previous recommendation and went without the powdered sugar.
I really liked this too - made exactly as written except that I used a little agave instead of sugar. 1 cup of OJ was quite a bit though, there was far too much juice...next time I'll half that. Thanks Messy Cook!
I made this with Moroccan lamb (19984) and it was a great addition. I used clementines. I agree, I should have added more dates. I forgot to add the almonds, but it was still fantastic. My whole family (husband, 6 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old) couldn't get enough. So easy to prepare, will make this again!