Recipe by weekend cooker
Chicken with barbecue sauce, crisp bacon, and melted cheese, topped with fresh tomatoes, and green onions.
Top Review by lazyme
We loved these! They were simple to make and tasted great. I used a smoky bacon which we thought really added a nice flavor to the dish and used a Mexican blend cheese since I always have that on hand. Thanks for sharing, Doug. I know that we'll make this often. Made for For Your Consideration tag.
- 4 bacon, strips
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless, chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked, but not crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain, and keep warm.
- Drain drippings from skillet, and cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Top each chicken breast with barbecue sauce , green onions, tomato, and 2 reserved bacon pieces.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.