Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken with barbecue sauce, crisp bacon, and melted cheese, topped with fresh tomatoes, and green onions.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked, but not crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain, and keep warm.
- Drain drippings from skillet, and cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Top each chicken breast with barbecue sauce , green onions, tomato, and 2 reserved bacon pieces.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
We loved these! They were simple to make and tasted great. I used a smoky bacon which we thought really added a nice flavor to the dish and used a Mexican blend cheese since I always have that on hand. Thanks for sharing, Doug. I know that we'll make this often. Made for For Your Consideration tag.