Recipe by ~Bekah~
Found on the Betty Crocker site. The "bread" for these sandwiches actually bakes around the ham, turkey and cheese filling!
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 5 ounces swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces deli ham, very thinly sliced
- 6 ounces deli turkey, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry all-fruit spread or 1⁄3 cup raspberry spreadable fruit
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly grease square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches, or spray with cooking spray.
- Stir Bisquick, milk and egg in medium bowl until blended.
- Spread half of the dough in bottom of baking dish.
- Top with half each of the cheese, ham and turkey.
- Spread fruit spread over turkey to within 1/2 inch sides of dish.
- Top with remaining ham, turkey and cheese.
- Spread remaining dough over cheese to sides of dish.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.