Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a copycat Verison of that wonderful candy bar. Bar size: 1.5 oz
- 473.18 ml dry roasted salted peanuts
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml light corn syrup
- Be sure the dry roasted peanuts you use are the salted kind, and watch that thermometer closely once the candy gets simmering.
- Spread peanuts out on a baking sheet and heat them up in your oven set on 300 degrees.
- This will warm up the peanuts so that they don't cool the candy too quickly when added later.
- There's no need to preheat the oven.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add sugar and corn syrup and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Put a candy thermometer in the mixture and watch it closely.
- When the mixture reaches 300 degrees add peanuts and stir well until all of the peanuts are coated with candy.
- Pour the candy onto the warm baking sheet and spread it flat.
- When the candy cools, break it into chunks and store it in a covered container.
These were great! The peanuts tasted just like the ones in Snickers but I think adding some chocolate to this would really make it Snickery :)
This recipe is perfect! I haven't been able to find my favorite Munch bars anywhere any more so I was so glad that someone figured out how to make them and posted the recipe online. My family is crazy about these and they really do taste exactly like the Munch Bar. I've made them so often since last year when I found this that I'm becoming famous among my friends for them! They were a huge hit as a gift for friends and family last Christmas..and they're so easy to make. Thanks, KC!
Oh, this is identical to the Munch BarÂ®! Tastes soooo much better made at home, though. Took a while to get my mixture up to temperature. Took it to work and everyone raved about it, so thanks for sharing this great recipe Ãœ