Directions See How It's Made
- Be sure the dry roasted peanuts you use are the salted kind, and watch that thermometer closely once the candy gets simmering.
- Spread peanuts out on a baking sheet and heat them up in your oven set on 300 degrees.
- This will warm up the peanuts so that they don't cool the candy too quickly when added later.
- There's no need to preheat the oven.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add sugar and corn syrup and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Put a candy thermometer in the mixture and watch it closely.
- When the mixture reaches 300 degrees add peanuts and stir well until all of the peanuts are coated with candy.
- Pour the candy onto the warm baking sheet and spread it flat.
- When the candy cools, break it into chunks and store it in a covered container.