Recipe by Deb's Recipes
A thick icy cold milkshake with just the right blend of chocolate and coffee flavors. We found it surprisingly similar to a Wendy's Frosty. Plan to freeze a few coffee ice cubes in advance. I created this diabetic-friendly recipe with "light" and "sugar-free" ingredients for RSC #12. The shake can also be made using "regular" versions of the ingredients. We like it best that way!
Top Review by tomsawyer
This was a great shake and I really liked the coffee ice cube idea. The only problem I had with them was that it took a while to blend them up. I didn't have any regular chocolate syrup so I used dark chocolate which tasted delicious as well. Thanks for this easy and pretty quick recipe!
- 2⁄3 cup coffee, brewed at double strength
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 2 cups sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- whipped light cream (I used canned whipped cream)
- additional sugar-free chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze about 6-7 coffee ice cubes.
- Stir Splenda into milk until dissolved, then combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two chilled glasses and top with whipped cream then a drizzle of chocolate syrup - Yummy!