Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Less creamy than traditional rice pudding, this is more like a sweet risotto. Adapted from a recipe in Roger Ebert's _The Pot and How to Use It_, as reprinted by Caroline Russock at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/cnuh7a
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar or 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease an 8" square baking dish and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in rice cooker. Cover and turn on.
- When rice cooker turns itself off, transfer contents to prepared baking dish. Bake in preheated oven 30-40 minutes.