Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was one component of a winning recipe from Top Chef Season 4 Lisa Fernandes made this bacon....and Ming Tsai was quoted saying it's the best bacon he's tasted...the technique was also new to him!
- In saucepot, cook miso, syrup, wine vinegar and mirin together.
- Whisk together and reduce on low heat until thick and glossy.
- Meanwhile, lay bacon on silpat or parchment paper overlapping and facing same direction.
- Lay another parchment on top and place smaller sheet pan on top (weigh down with saute pans). Bake at 375 degrees for about 11 minutes.
- When bacon is crispy, take out without removing weights.
- Remove bacon from pan and lay on new sheet pan with parchment.
- Heavily glaze the bacon with the miso syrup and bake 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool and cut into even long strips.