Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from Classic Home Cooking. It is salt-free. The original recipe uses 12 small molds, but I use 6 larger ones. It is nice and buttery, wonderful with a hot bowl of soup. Prep time does not include time to rise.
- Add ingredients to your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Set Cycle: Dough, Size: 1lb.
- Check your dough after 5 minutes, if too dry add a tablepoon of water at a time, if too wet add a tablespoon of flour at a time, until dough forms a ball and is slightly sticky to the touch.
- Meanwhile, oil 6 1-cup brioche molds.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- When the cycle is finished, take dough out and knead gently.
- Divide into 6 equal pieces, cut about a quarter from each.
- Shape into balls, and put the large ball into the mold, pressing with your finger in the center to make a hole.
- Place the small ball over the hole and press again to seal.
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20-30 minutes.
- Brush with milk and bake for 5 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- If your brioches are browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.
- Brioches should sound hollow when you tap the bottom of each.
First class this recipe all the way my wife just loves them Willie Morrison Calgary Canada