Another mincemeat enthusiast passed this recipe on to me some years ago, & I thought I'd share it with others who still enjoy the ol' fashioned jello salads! Preparation time does not include time to chill until set.
- Lightly oil 8-cup mold or pan of choice.
- Soften unflavored gelatine in cold water, then set aside.
- Dissolve cherry flavored gelatin in boiling water.
- Add unflavored gelatine mixture & stir until all is dissolved.
- Chill until the gelatin is of the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Stir in mincemeat, pineapple, apple & nuts.
- Pour into prepared mold or pan, then chill until firm.
What a wonderful combination of flavors and textures, am surprised it sat un-reviewed for so long. The cherry gelatin and the apple give it a festive colors, while the mincemeat and pecans give it great flavor and puts you in the mood for the holidays. Made exactly as written and would not change a thing as at the risk of being repetitive both texture and favor were perfect. Would be a great pot-luck dish. Thanks so much for the post.