Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The most delicious fudge. Quick and Easy. With very little to clean when you done.
- 500 g caster sugar
- 125 g margarine (cut 1/4 inch lengthwise off block)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ounce vanilla essence
- Castor sugar into 10" plastic dish.
- Margarine sliced – distribute on outer edge of sugar.
- Condensed milk over the top.
- Put in microwave for 2 minutes on High.
- Stir to blend.
- Put in microwave for 3 1/2 minutes on High then 1 1/2 minutes on Medium.
- Stir Well.
- Put in microwave for 2 minutes on High, then 1 1/2 minutes on medium, then 1 minute on High.
- Then 5 minutes on Medium.
- It boils up, up; then suddenly collapses – repeats cycle a few times, rising less as it gets heavier.
- Beat in Vanilla.
- Stir Thoroughly.
- Leave awhile until light cracks appear.
- Beat some more.
- Will fall away from sides of dish.
- Pour into grease proof lined pan.
- Leave to set a while.
- Cut top.
- A bit later cut through.
- Wire rack to set.
I love your RECIPe its easy to make and taste wonderfull
Fantastic fudge - just as I like it! I did add chocolate bits for a great chocolate fudge. Only problem is holding that large, very hot bowl and trying to pour the hot fudge into the tin to set - take care - it can really burn.