14 hrs 15 mins
6 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is courtesy The Neelys who have a new show on the foodnetwork, "Down Home with the Neelys". They were both so cute, and looked like they new what they were doing in the kitchen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lbs beef short ribs (2 slabs, 4 lbs each)
- 6 lbs pork spareribs (2 slabs, 3 lbs each)
- 2 cups neely's bbq dry rub seasonings
- 1For the rub: Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Keep in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- 2For the ribs: Rinse and dry ribs. Place on a clean cutting board and pull off the membrane, the thin fatty skin that lines the underside of the ribs. Trim the ribs of excess fat and meat. Liberally season both sides of the ribs with 1/4 to 1/2 cup Neely's BBQ Rub. Wrap ribs and refrigerate for at least 8 hours so flavors can permeate.
- 3Preheat grill to 250 degrees F. using hickory and charcoal.
- 4Use indirect heat (push the coals and chops to one side of the grill).
- 5Place ribs meatier side down on the grill away from the flame. Cook beef 2 hours. Turn and cook for 45 minutes more, or until the ribs "bend" and the meat easily separates from the bone using a fork. Cook the pork ribs 3 hours. Turn and cook another hour, or until ribs bend. Remove from grill.
- 6For dry ribs: Sprinkle extra Neely's BBQ seasoning over ribs, cut bones and serve.
- 7For wet ribs: Coat ribs with Neely's BBQ sauce, cut and serve.
- 8Neely's BBQ sauce: In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cooked uncovered, stirring frequently, for 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Memphis-Style Hickory-Smoked Beef and Pork Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (1285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3972.5
- Calories from Fat 2968
- Total Fat 329.8 g
- Saturated Fat 130.3 g
- Cholesterol 823.9 mg
- Sodium 1611.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 68.4 g
- Protein 163.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings