A nice sandwich to make for a luncheon, a romantic picnic or outdoor family outing in nice weather; make ahead of time, refrigerate and serve later. Or serve hot aside soup or salad for a comfort food type of dinner during the cold winter months. I've used the George Foreman to grill the chicken and have grilled the sun-dried tomatoes atop the breast, along with dried oregano seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1Slice a"pocket" into the side of each chicken breast; stuff with a sun-dried tomato and 2 sprigs of oregano.
- 2Rub chicken with 1 Tbsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes and season with the salt and pepper.
- 3Grill and baste with remaining 1 Tbsp oil from the tomatoes (internal temp 180 when chicken is done).
- 4While chicken is grilling, combine ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- 5Remove chicken and cut into long, thin slices.
- 6Spread the bottom part of the focaccia bread with the dressing; divide chicken slices (enough for 4 sandwiches) and add, as well as 2 slices bacon, tomato slices and lettuce leaf per sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Grilled Chicken BLT
Serving Size: 1 (1097 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.4
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 103.0 mg
- Sodium 594.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: