Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice sandwich to make for a luncheon, a romantic picnic or outdoor family outing in nice weather; make ahead of time, refrigerate and serve later. Or serve hot aside soup or salad for a comfort food type of dinner during the cold winter months. I've used the George Foreman to grill the chicken and have grilled the sun-dried tomatoes atop the breast, along with dried oregano seasoning.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 large very ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 pieces focaccia bread, 4 to 6 inches square,cut in half horizontally to make a top/bottom for sandwich
- Slice a"pocket" into the side of each chicken breast; stuff with a sun-dried tomato and 2 sprigs of oregano.
- Rub chicken with 1 Tbsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes and season with the salt and pepper.
- Grill and baste with remaining 1 Tbsp oil from the tomatoes (internal temp 180 when chicken is done).
- While chicken is grilling, combine ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken and cut into long, thin slices.
- Spread the bottom part of the focaccia bread with the dressing; divide chicken slices (enough for 4 sandwiches) and add, as well as 2 slices bacon, tomato slices and lettuce leaf per sandwich.
We had this a couple nights ago and it was so yummy! I did forget the bacon accidentally but it was still fantastic. We will be having this again but definitely won't forget the bacon again. I doubled the dressing because I thought if we didn't use it all then I could use it for other lunch time sandwiches. I had never used sun-dried tomatoes before so thanks for inspiring me to try something new. This was an awesome meal!
Wow this makes an absolutely wonderful BLT with a twist. The only changes I made was I used Cavenders greek seasoning in place of the addition of salt just before grilling. I loved the flavors of this one with the fresh oregano and sundried tomatoes. The dressing really set it off and the combination of flavors was incredible. We all enjoyed this one and will be making this again! Thanks!
Excellent and easy dish. Wonderful flavor combinations. Especially loved the addition of the bacon. The dressing brought everything together into a delicious dish. We'll make this one again and again!