Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
It's not a "true" lasagna, but on Passover this is a big favorite!
- 4 matzoh boards
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 30 -34 ounces of your favorite prepared marinara sauce or 30 -34 ounces tomato sauce
- Grease a pan large enough to fit the one matzoh board.
- You can use olive oil spray.
- Place enough sauce to cover the bottom, about 1/2 cup.
- Place the 1 matzoh board on top.
- Spread more tomato sauce over the matzoh.
- Place some cottage cheese on top of the matzoh.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until you have used up all 4 matzohs.
- End with tomato sauce.
- Top with the last 1/4 cup of mozzarella and the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/2 cup water (this may sound gross, do it anyway).
- Cover with silver foil, and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
Fabulous!!!! My family, especially my very picky husband, LOVED THIS. We definitely feel less deprived than we normally do at Passover thanks to this great recipe. With a salad, it's a complete meal, either for lunch or dinner, if you want something a little lighter. I was worried about the 1/2 cup of water Mirj says to add, but I trusted her and followed the directions explicitly. I am so happy that I did because the results were well worth it!!!!!
This is so good Mirjam! I have seen this recipe for years but was skeptical. I made the recipe as is, but made three layers instead of 4 and substituted brick cheese for the mozzarella. I also added about a teaspoon of salt. Delicious. ANOTHER WINNER FROM THE KITCHEN OF MIRJAM DORN! :)
Who knew Passover Matzah could be this delicious?!! Thank you for another great kosher recipe.