Recipe by Mirj
It's not a "true" lasagna, but on Passover this is a big favorite!
Top Review by Leah K.
Fabulous!!!! My family, especially my very picky husband, LOVED THIS. We definitely feel less deprived than we normally do at Passover thanks to this great recipe. With a salad, it's a complete meal, either for lunch or dinner, if you want something a little lighter. I was worried about the 1/2 cup of water Mirj says to add, but I trusted her and followed the directions explicitly. I am so happy that I did because the results were well worth it!!!!!
- 4 matzoh boards
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 30 -34 ounces of your favorite prepared marinara sauce or 30 -34 ounces tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a pan large enough to fit the one matzoh board.
- You can use olive oil spray.
- Place enough sauce to cover the bottom, about 1/2 cup.
- Place the 1 matzoh board on top.
- Spread more tomato sauce over the matzoh.
- Place some cottage cheese on top of the matzoh.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until you have used up all 4 matzohs.
- End with tomato sauce.
- Top with the last 1/4 cup of mozzarella and the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/2 cup water (this may sound gross, do it anyway).
- Cover with silver foil, and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.