This is a delightful waker-upper and a great favorite at The Congenial Quail Inn in Tucson Arizona, and so easy!
- 1 ripe melon (such as Casaba, Cantaloupe, or Honeydew)
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot
- fresh mint and fresh edible flower, such as pansy to garnish
- Slice melon into serving wedges and scoop out seeds.
- Cut along the rind to free the flesh, then cut across and lengthwise into attractive bite-sized pieces.
- Peel 1/2 inch or so of the ginger root and grate onto melon wedges.
- Garnish, and serve.