1/1 Photo of Martha's Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies
From Martha Stewart's Everyday Food as found online.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt.
- 3In a shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
- 4With an electric mixer, beat butter and remaining 1 cup of sugar until combined. Beat in egg and then molasses until incorporated.
- 5Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in dry ingredients, *just* until a dough forms.
- 6Pinch off and roll dough into 1" balls. Roll balls in the reserved sugar to coat.
- 7Arrange balls on parchment lined baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake, one sheet at a time, until edges are just firm and top of cookies have a "crackle" effect, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 8Cool cookies 1 minute on baking sheets; transfer to racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha's Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (869 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1207.1
- Calories from Fat 437
- Total Fat 48.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 184.0 mg
- Sodium 1060.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 185.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 115.8 g
- Protein 11.2 g