Recipe by Elly in Canada
A family favourite for many years. A simple little recipe, easy to make, tasty to eat!
Top Review by *Pixie*
Delicious gingerbread, we really enjoyed the orange flavour from the marmalade. I drizzled the top with icing sugar mixed with orange juice and it complemented it perfectly. Lovely, thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients, set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter, blend in sugar, egg, marmalade and molasses.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, stir to combine.
- Stir in boiling water, batter will be smooth.
- Pour batter into a 8" square cake pan which has been lined with greased parchment paper.
- Bake in 325F degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Best served warm.
- I have served this as a dessert topped with whipped cream! Yummy!