Recipe by SarahBee
This is my take on a recipe from the Whole Foods website. I love this tofu either hot or cold! Preparation time does not include time to marinate.
- 15 ounces extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tofu and remove from package.
- Cut tofu into 3/4 inch slices and lay out flat between paper towels.
- Put a weighted cooking sheet on top and press tofu for 30 minutes. This will remove the water from the tofu and allow it to soak up the marinade.
- While tofu is draining, mix together Tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and ground ginger.
- Marinade drained tofu in the mixture for at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Put slices of marinated tofu onto pan, wait for first side to brown (about five minutes) and then cook on other side until browned.