Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yep, another bean salad recipe. This one is a bit different with its marinade ingredients. It's my mom's favorite for every get-together. It's also great for potlucks and picnics. I always come home with an empty bowl. Prepare ahead of time to let the flavors meld for 24 hours, then drain off the marinade juices. (Marinating time is not included in prep time listed.) It's soooo good!
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) cancut yellow wax beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans (or chick peas)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Drain canned vegetables.
- Combine these with the green pepper and onion. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over vegetables, mixing well.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, drain off the marinade, Lovely served in a lettuce-lined clear glass salad bowl.