1/1 Photo of Marbled Chocolate Orange Cake
I was in the mood for creating my own recipe for a chocolate orange cake,and this is what came out of it... I baked it in a 9x9 in square pan,but I think it could work as muffins too...perfect with coffee or as a snack.Hope you like it!
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: My original recipe used less baking powder and I found that it didn't rise very much,so I increased the amount of baking powder.
- 2In a medium bowl ,whisk the eggs with the sugar,sour cream,oil,and orange juice.Add orange zest at this point if using any.
- 3In a separate bowl ,sift the flour and baking powder and gently mix together to evenly incorporate the baking powder into the flour.
- 4Slowly add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- 5Next, pour half of the batter into a separate bowl and add cocoa powder to it.If the cocoa mixture has a thicker consistency,then you can add a little bit of orange juice to thin it out.
- 6Lightly grease a 9 inch round or square cake pan and pour the batter interchangeably to get a marble or swirl effect.This is where you can get creative.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marbled Chocolate Orange Cake
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 109.9 mg
- Sodium 193.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 8.7 g