Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
this is like a pound cake so it is very filling for lunches
Make and share this maraschino cherry cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle red maraschino cherries
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Drain cherries & dry thoroughly.
- Sift flour, baking powder.
- Coat cherries with a little of this dry mixture.
- Beat butter& sugar together until light& fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- add flavouring.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture alternately with milk.
- When smoothly blended add the cherries stirring them in.
- scrape into a well greased tube pan.
- Bake about 2 hours or until cake is set.
- Test with toothpick.
- cool before removing from pan.