Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Please note,this is a different kind of brittle-- this is a tasty,unique twist on the traditional brittle candy. It is definity sweet,and if you love brittle,nuts and candy,I am sure you will enjoy this one 8) (Prep time is a estimation-I have not tried this recipe yet)
- 3 cups maple sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup chopped brazil nut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook water,sugar,molasses,syrup& cream of tartar to 300,or hard crack stage.
- Add in butter,allowing it to boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add baking soda,that has been dissolved in the boiling water.
- Then add lemon extract.
- As soon as the mixture starts to foam,pour into buttered platters,spread thin.
- Next,sprinkle the chopped nuts over the candy.
- Allow to cool before cutting into pieces.