Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Palm Beach Post newspaper
Make and share this Mahi-Mahi With Blood Orange, Avocado and Red Onion Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 blood oranges or 1 cara cara oranges or 1 regular orange
- 118.29 ml cubed avocado (1/3 inch cubes)
- 78.07 ml chopped red onion
- 9.85 ml minced red jalapeno chiles, to taste (remove seed and membrane for less heat)
- 9.85 ml fresh lime juice
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounce each)
- Using a small sharp knife, cut peel and white pith from orange, Working over small bowl, cut between membrane to release segments.
- Add Avocado, onion, jalapeño and lime juice to bowl with orange; stir gently to blend. Season salsa to taste with salt.
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add fish to skillet and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place one fillet on each of the 2 plates. Spoon salsa over fish and serve.
Delicious! I also used a regular orange. My husband doesn't like cilantro so I didn't add any, but if I make it again for just me I will definitely add some and maybe mango and/or pineapple. Excellent presentation, looks much more difficult than it is...my husband thought I slaved away in the kitchen! :)
This recipe turned out wonderful! I used a regular orange, bell pepper instead of jalapeno, and added mango. It was great! Thank you!!
This was even better than it sounded. Had to use a navel orange as that's all I could find. It still cames out great. I added some extra o.j. as the salsa was a bit dry. I also added some fresh cilantro, as that's our preference. I will definatly make this again.