Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is enjoyed by many of the south pacific islands including Hawaii. I originally got this from a lady from the Philippines, her DH was going to graduate school with my DH. My children love this, they call them "egg rolls". Sometimes I add carrots, or some other sauces. added on 11/17- the serving size is for 2 lumpias each. One package of eggroll wrappers(20) should be about right for the amount of ingredients listed.
- Combine all ingredients except egg roll wrappers and cook until warmed through in a saucepan.
- Wrap 1-2 T of mixture in each egg roll wrapper, sealing edges with water.
- I put oil about 1" deep in fry pan.
- Fry in oil in frying pan until egg rolls are golden and crispy.
- I fry first half until brown then turn over and brown other side.
This was such fun to make. I've been wanting to learn how for some time and your directions were clear and easy to follow. My biggest problem (and it's mine) is learning the right way to roll them so they look as pretty as the other pictures I see here, still haven't mastered that. Served this with Siam Dipping Sauce and Tom Ka Kai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) and DH and I truly enjoyed it. Thanks so much for posting.
On Fridays at our house we have 'new food friday'. With 6 children I have yet to find anything they ALL like...until we made these. Fabulous! Loved them.
There are various lumpia ingredients, however, the wrapper is why it is called lumpia. Lumpia wrappers are completely different than eggroll wrappers. These are not authentic lumpia.