Recipe by littleturtle
A lot of dishes call for egg whites, but here's one that calls for only egg yolks. It's delicious served over steamed asparagus or broccoli.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup chicken breast, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock (cold)
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 ounce cooked virginia ham, minced (2 tablespoons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat yolks, add chicken breast, cornstarch, salt, sherry, 1 cup of chicken stock, and water chestnuts.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Heat oil in wok to 400°F.
- Pour in remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Stir in egg mixture.
- Cook at 300F until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove to plate and sprinkle with minced ham.
- Serve hot.