Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Jalapeños, red bell peppers, and corn kernels add color and Tex-Mex taste appeal to this hearty cornbread. Serve it with any favorite entrée - especially anything seasoned with their special barbecue s. uce.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 extra-large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers or 2 tablespoons pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons whole kernel corn
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Generously grease 8-inch cast iron skillet or round baking pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk together milk, buttermilk, egg, oil, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well blended. Add cornmeal and flour. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in red pepper, jalapeños, and corn. Pour into skillet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Very, Very Good!!! My husband and I really enjoy the end product of this recipe. I follow it as is...the only exception is that I prefer using large cupcake molds instead of a larger single mold. I highly recommend this recipe. Thank you, Bliss, for sharing :)