Recipe by SusieQusie
Great for breakfast or a quick snack, this better-for-you version can be made to suit your taste in fruit.
Top Review by Redsie
This didn't taste low fat at all!! Loved the added bonus of the apple juice!! Didn't taste very much in the cereals - but probably with dried apples - would have tasted more!! Couldn't find dried apples so used some dried cranberries. Didn't toast the wheat germ before hand. Had trouble mixing the honey with the apple juice - so "zapped" it in the microwave for 30 seconds - that did the trick!! Thanks Susie! :)
- 591.47 ml rolled oats
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds
- 118.29 ml toasted wheat germ
- 59.14 ml honey
- 78.07 ml frozen apple juice concentrate
- 59.14 ml raisins (can omit and use 3/4 cup dried fruits of choice)
- 118.29 ml dried apple, chopped (or any dried fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Coat a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds and wheat germ.
- In a small bowl, stir the honey and apple juice concentrate until combined. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread mixture in baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until granola is browned. (Stir more frequently during last 15 minutes of bake time).
- Remove from oven; stir in raisins and dried fruit.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- Serving size = 1/2 cup. WW Flex = ~ 3 points/serving.