Recipe by dgpat
I invented these when I was changing over to a more healthy, low-fat diet. People can't believe that they are eating tofu!! Sometimes, I add a bag of fresh spinach (par-boiled) or a bag (12oz) of frozen chopped spinach to the cheese/tofu/spices
Top Review by SSX
I LOVE this recipe! It is perfect for incorporating more veggies, soy, and healthy protein into your diet. I cut the filling in half by using only a pkg each of tofu and cottage cheese as there is too much fillings otherwise, and I did what another reviewer suggested and replaced the mozzarella cheese in the recipe with a pkg of frozen spinach. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top. I have made these over and over again. Thank you for sharing the recipe for these!
- 1 (16 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 2 (12 ounce) packages soft tofu
- 2 (16 ounce) packages fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- garlic, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the tofu, cottage cheese, mozzarella and spices together well.
- Meanwhile, cook the shells according to directions.
- Drain and run cold water over shells to cool.
- Spray large baking dish with Pam.
- Fill shells with the cheese/tofu mixture and put in baking dish.
- Sprinkle spaghetti sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 15 more.