Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I invented these when I was changing over to a more healthy, low-fat diet. People can't believe that they are eating tofu!! Sometimes, I add a bag of fresh spinach (par-boiled) or a bag (12oz) of frozen chopped spinach to the cheese/tofu/spices
- 1 (16 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 2 (12 ounce) packages soft tofu
- 2 (16 ounce) packages fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- garlic, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix the tofu, cottage cheese, mozzarella and spices together well.
- Meanwhile, cook the shells according to directions.
- Drain and run cold water over shells to cool.
- Spray large baking dish with Pam.
- Fill shells with the cheese/tofu mixture and put in baking dish.
- Sprinkle spaghetti sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 15 more.
I LOVE this recipe! It is perfect for incorporating more veggies, soy, and healthy protein into your diet. I cut the filling in half by using only a pkg each of tofu and cottage cheese as there is too much fillings otherwise, and I did what another reviewer suggested and replaced the mozzarella cheese in the recipe with a pkg of frozen spinach. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top. I have made these over and over again. Thank you for sharing the recipe for these!
The amount of filling was way too much to fill all of the shells. Next time I will cut the filling in half. I replaced the mozarella cheese with one 10 oz pkg frozen spinach and added the cheese on top after the spaghetti sauce. The flavor was delicious and my anti-soy husband couldn't even taste the tofu.
very good I like to trick people into eating different types of "UCK" foods and tofu has a very strong reaction. I took these to a friend's house and they were a big hit with all