Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Pushing myself to eat more salads...so trying to put together lowfat dressings that TASTE GOOD! This one makes the grade.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A fabulous, easy to make, low-fat dressing with a delicious blend of flavourings. I am always a bit dubious about concentrates and reconstituted juices, so I used fresh apple juice, and for the same reason – as Cookgirl did – I used honey instead of a sugar substitute. Otherwise I made this exactly to the recipe. I’m going to try it as a dressing on potato salad. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 9 teaspoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients until smooth.
- Blend in poppyseeds.
- this is best when chilled before using.
- Can use handheld electric beater for larger amounts.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or more, but don't increase the sugar subsitute the same way. You need to do a taste test to decide how much more you would like.