Recipe by Jenn Serkedakis
I got this recipe from the So Fat, Low Fat, No Fat Cookbook and then made a few changes to suit my family...
Top Review by bethyjstar
This was my first time ever making chicken and dumplings. My DH is pretty familiar with what they should taste like, so I let him rate them. I used 4 chicken breasts, but kept the rest of the ingredients the same. Next time I will half the dumpling mixture. I made the dumplings too big, so I had to take the chicken out after 15 minutes and cook the dumplings for another 5 minutes. This was so easy to make! Thanks so much!
- 3 cups water
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Add chicken, return to a boil, lower heat.
- Cover chicken and simmer for 30 minutes or until it is fork tender.
- Remove chicken and defat the stock.
- Return chicken and stock to pan adding cream of chicken soup and return to a boil while you mix the dumplings.
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg substitute and milk into the flour to form a soft batter-like dough.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into the boiling broth.
- Let boil 15 minutes without stirring to thicken.
- Do Not Stir.