Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I took a cooking class many, many years ago when I got my food processor. This recipe is one of the gems that I got from that class. It was initially called a pie, but didn't have a crust. So I changed the presentation and called it a parfait. Don't let the cottage cheese in the recipe scare you. I absolutely hate cottage cheese, but this is a keeper. The name shown on the recipe is Helen Thorkelson. Cook time is chilling time.
- Drain cherries, reserving liquid.
- Combine constarch and reserved cherry liquid in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until very thick.
- Remove from heat and add cherries.
- Stir in 3 packets of sweetener and almond extract, then set aside.
- Soften gelatine in cold water, then cook over low heat until dissolved.
- In a food processor, process cottage cheese and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add gelatine and remaining 6 packets of sweetener.
- Put a layer of gelatin in each of 8 parfait glasses, then add a layer of cherries.
- Repeat layers one more time.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
- Each serving is one fruit exchange and 1/2 serving protein.