3 hrs 30 mins
I took a cooking class many, many years ago when I got my food processor. This recipe is one of the gems that I got from that class. It was initially called a pie, but didn't have a crust. So I changed the presentation and called it a parfait. Don't let the cottage cheese in the recipe scare you. I absolutely hate cottage cheese, but this is a keeper. The name shown on the recipe is Helen Thorkelson. Cook time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain cherries, reserving liquid.
- 2Combine constarch and reserved cherry liquid in a small saucepan.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until very thick.
- 4Remove from heat and add cherries.
- 5Stir in 3 packets of sweetener and almond extract, then set aside.
- 6Soften gelatine in cold water, then cook over low heat until dissolved.
- 7In a food processor, process cottage cheese and vanilla extract until smooth.
- 8Add gelatine and remaining 6 packets of sweetener.
- 9Put a layer of gelatin in each of 8 parfait glasses, then add a layer of cherries.
- 10Repeat layers one more time.
- 11Chill at least 3 hours.
- 12Each serving is one fruit exchange and 1/2 serving protein.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-fat Cherry Cheese Parfaits
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 308.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 11.4 g