Recipe by half yank
This one is an A+ for sure! You'll never believe you're eating low carb! Taken from better homes and gardens low carb phase 1 cookbook. cook time depends on which setting you use on your slow cooker. I am using the longest time on low, so those who work can do it early and cook it all day, and come home to the wonderful smells of supper! Its 7 hours on low, or 3 1/2 hours on high.
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons marjoram, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 4 teaspoons arrowroot
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine caraway seeds, marjoram, salt and pepper. sprinkle mixture over all sides of meat. Rub this into the roast with your fingers.
- In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
- Drain off fat. Place meat in slow cooker.
- Add water to skillet; bring to boiling, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour skillet juices and vinegar into cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7 hours or high heat for 3/1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Remove meat from cooker, and keep warm.
- For gravy, skim fat from juices; measure 1/1/4 cups juices (add water if necessary to make 1 1/4 cups). Pour juices into a small saucepan; bring to boiling.
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream and arrowroot. Stir hot juices into sour cream mixture; return to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened. (Do not boil). Slice meat and serve with gravy.