1/2 Photos of Low Carb Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan
I am on a low carb diet (South Beach) and I've found this recipe to be best in satisfying my craving of pasta with red sauce or pizza....god, I miss those days! But this is just as good and healthy too; a good dish for a vegetarian that may also be watching their carb intake. Serve this as a main dish (serves 3) or as a side dish (serves 6).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs eggplants
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 1/2 cups no-added-sugar low carb spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt's no added sugar Italian baking sauce, in a can) or 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (I use Hunt's no added sugar Italian baking sauce, in a can)
- italian seasoning
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Peel eggplant, if you wish, and cut into 1/4 inch thick round slices.
- 3Lightly grease a medium sized casserole dish and place half of the eggplant on the bottom.
- 4Top with 1/2 cup of parmesan, 3/4 cup mozzarella and 3/4 cup of sauce, sprinkle with spices.
- 5Repeat layers and again, sprinkle with spices.
- 6Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- 7Uncover and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and once again, sprinkle with spices; bake for about 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.1
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 88.3 mg
- Sodium 982.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-added-sugar low carb spaghetti sauce