Recipe by TheDancingCook
While on the South Beach diet, this dish satisfies my craving for the standard chicken parmesan dish.....but this recipe is missing the breadcrumbs. But it's so good you won't miss the breadcrumbs! In the world of low carb dieting, I like to serve this with a green veggie and/or tossed salad.
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt's No Added Sugar Italian Baking Sauce or Classico Spicy Red Pepper Spaghetti Sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- garlic salt, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a shallow, small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season each side of breast with garlic salt and Italian seasoning to your liking; place in casserole dish.
- Spoon pasta sauce equally over top of each breast.
- Bake for about 45 minutes; sprinkle equally with cheeses and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese are melted.