While on the South Beach diet, this dish satisfies my craving for the standard chicken parmesan dish.....but this recipe is missing the breadcrumbs. But it's so good you won't miss the breadcrumbs! In the world of low carb dieting, I like to serve this with a green veggie and/or tossed salad.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a shallow, small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season each side of breast with garlic salt and Italian seasoning to your liking; place in casserole dish.
- Spoon pasta sauce equally over top of each breast.
- Bake for about 45 minutes; sprinkle equally with cheeses and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese are melted.
Delicious! I cut my breast into smaller pieces so it would cook faster. Done in under 30 minutes. Thanks
This was delicious and my very skeptical husband enjoyed it and said it is a keeper. I didn't use garlic salt or italian seasoning but rather used just oregano and basil with (homemade) roasted garlic.
This was outstanding, we had this over angel hair pasta and my husband loved it, thank you for sharing this recipe