Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
While on the South Beach diet, this dish satisfies my craving for the standard chicken parmesan dish.....but this recipe is missing the breadcrumbs. But it's so good you won't miss the breadcrumbs! In the world of low carb dieting, I like to serve this with a green veggie and/or tossed salad.
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt's No Added Sugar Italian Baking Sauce or Classico Spicy Red Pepper Spaghetti Sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- garlic salt, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a shallow, small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season each side of breast with garlic salt and Italian seasoning to your liking; place in casserole dish.
- Spoon pasta sauce equally over top of each breast.
- Bake for about 45 minutes; sprinkle equally with cheeses and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese are melted.
Delicious! I cut my breast into smaller pieces so it would cook faster. Done in under 30 minutes. Thanks
this was fantastic! absolutely loved it, i have had it the last 4 nights for diner! thanks for the awesome recipe!!!!
Sorry I have taken so long to review this recipe. I have been making this for some time now, when a quick recipe is a must this is family favorite. And I make it as directed, so this is a "real" review :) Thanks so much for posting!