Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I know plenty of us are looking for low calorie dishes that are satisfying and easy; here is another. I made it for my lunch but it could work as a side dish as well.
- 1 cup asparagus, in 1-inch pieces
- 3 slices fat-free swiss cheese
- dried herbes de provence or italian seasoning
- Place asparagus pieces in small microwave-safe covered casserole dish. Do not add water.
- Toss with seasonings.
- Microwave 3 minutes.
- Drain, if excess liquid has cooked out of asparagus.
- Top with cheese.
- Stir to incorporate cheese.
This was easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I used pepper instead of the seasoning in the ingredients as I didn't have them. We liked the swiss cheese on this.