Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice creamy potato leek soup that's lo cal and easy to make. My mom gave me the recipe and I'm not sure where she got the recipe.
- 3 cups water
- 3 medium leeks
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- Clean leeks and dice (using only the white& green area up to where the leaves get tough).
- Wash,peel& dice the potatoes.
- Combine diced vegetables with the 3 cups of water& the chicken bouillon in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Puree one half of the mixture and then puree the other half (I used the blender).
- Return the pureed mixture to the pot and add the 1/4 cup of non-fat milk.
- Heat through and serve.
Sorry, but this was completely flat. No one would eat it.
Not bad but I too needed to add some flavour. Like Carla I used Vegetable stock instead of water and I added garlic. I added 2 rashers of lean bacon (trimmed of all fat) and some chopped fresh parsley just before serving. Also used non fat evaporated milk instead of normal milk.
This is decent for a low calorie soup, but the recipe is very basic and in need of additional flavor. I used 3 cups of vegetable stock, in place of the water and omitted the chicken bouillon. I added 2 cloves of minced garlic, fresh bay leaves (remove before pureeing) and thyme, in addition to salt and freshly ground black pepper. Enjoyed the soup - thanks for posting.