Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
my mom's recipe for basic bar cookies. This can be adapted very easily to many different flavors.
- 1 (18 3/4 ounce) box cake mix, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or your choice of any other add-in)
- Mix butter, water and eggs.
- Add cake mix and powdered sugar and beat well.
- Add any mix-ins desired.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until test done with toothpick.
I've made these several times and they are GREAT! The entire family loves them. Thanks for posting!
Very quick and easy and tasty, although my chips sank to the bottom, too. Use a cherry chip cake mix and choc. chips. Especially nice for when you're in a hurry.
These bars tasted quite good but mine were kind of dry and crackly on top. All of the chocolate chips sunk to the bottom which made a sort of chocolate layer - not necessarily a bad thing, they just didn't look like the photo. I would have preferred the choc chips to stay scattered throughout the bar. I used a No Name cake mix so will try this again with a brand name to see if the texture is different. Overall though, we enjoyed it and it could not be easier to do. Thx.