Recipe by CookbookCarrie
A mix that will make a great gift or a pantry favorite. Ever read the additives on a box of this stuff?????
Top Review by Kikimony
Very good! I used Arise' Bronzed Seafood Seasoning (not spicy and great on everything) and added a little garlic powder. Will definitely make again. Next time I will add a *little* less wild rice.
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons spike seasoning or 2 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients and store in an air-tight container.
- Attach these instructions.
- To prepare, bring 3 1/4 cups water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add Rice Mix, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and wait 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Use Long Grain white rice to decrease cook time to about 35-40 minutes.
- Wild rice takes quite awhile to cook.