Use oil from the sun-dried tomatoes to prepare the vinaigrette for this sandwich. Courtesy of Cooking Light.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato, oil packed, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 6 pita bread, 6-inches each, cut in half
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in chicken, tomato, cheese and basil.
- Line each pita half with 1/4 cup greens.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among pita halves.
Really nice blend of flavors-- I especially liked the sun-dried tomato vinaigrette - I will never drain the oil off a jar of sun-dried tomatoes again without saving it to make the vinaigrette! I didn't want the extra carbs, so I omitted the pitas and added more greens to make a salad. Excellent! Thank you!
This was delicious!! The mix of sun-dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, asiago cheese eand basil... mmmm and, of course, the chicken!! ;) This was great! Thanks rickoholic83!! :)