Recipe by Likkel
This is the same basic recipe as my Dutch Baby (German Pancake) recipe (#138877) except my talented niece, Lindy was able to find just the right gluten-free flour combo to make this an excellent recipe for those who are gluten intolerant. I often will add 1 to 2 cups of fruit to the top of the batter (blueberries, sliced peaches or sliced apples) just before baking and serve it with maple syrup, powdered sugar and a little lemon juice.
Top Review by jenstewartphoto
I have missed Dutch Babies since my son went gluten free. This recipe was WONDERFUL! I will say, for my family of 6 (of HEARTY eaters) I quadrupled the recipe, but they were SO GOOD! Thank you!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup millet flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Beat eggs until well aerated. Add milk and beat again. Add salt and flours and beat on low, just until blended (I usually use a blender).
- Meanwhile, put butter into a 9 x 13 baking dish, or divide it into two round cake pans, or two large cast iron skillets and place in the preheated oven to melt the butter and heat the pan(s). Tip pans to spread butter evenly.
- Pour batter into the warm pan(s), top with fruit, if you want to add some and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.